The federal government has started paying N25,000 monthly to vulnerable pensioners under its conditional cash transfer (CCT) program.
The program, which was announced by President Bola Tinubu during his Independence Day speech, aims to provide financial support to 15 million poor households for three months.
The National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) reports that the payment of the special grant commenced on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, in nine states: Katsina, Zamfara, Adamawa, Kaduna, Sokoto, Gombe, Kwara, Benue and Ekiti. The payment will be done through a wallet bank account that will be opened for the beneficiaries.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Betta Edu, said that the beneficiaries must be captured on the national social register to access the funds. She said that the inclusion of vulnerable pensioners in the CCT program was part of the renewed hope agenda of the government.
She also solicited the help of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) to fast-track the process of collating data of the potential beneficiaries. She said that the president had instructed that the pensioners should be captured and start receiving their stipends in November.
The CCT program, which is expected to cost N1.125 trillion, will benefit 62 million people in the next three months. The program is aimed at alleviating poverty and improving the living conditions of the poor and vulnerable in the country.
If you are a vulnerable pensioner or you know someone who is, here is how you can register and receive N25,000 monthly from the federal government’s cash transfer program.
Requirements for CCT Registration
To be registered for the CCT program, you need to have the following information:
Account number (optional)
Date of birth
Names of your two children or your brothers
How to Apply for CCT Registration
To apply for CCT registration, you cannot do it online. You have to locate the enumerators in your area who are appointed by the federal government to register people for the program. Every area or ward has at least one enumerator who can register you for CCT.
- Do not fall for any fake registration portal or form that claims to be for the CCT program. Registration is free and can only be done through the enumerators.
- Do not join any WhatsApp group or share your personal information with anyone who claims to work for NASIMS or the NCTO. They are not authorized to register you for the program.
- To find the enumerator in your area, you can contact your local government office or your community leader. They will direct you to the person who can register you for the program.
- Once you find the enumerator, you will need to provide your information and a passport photograph. The enumerator will use an APK app that contains a URL, username, and password shared by NASSCO to register you for the program.
- After you are registered, you will receive a confirmation message and a wallet bank account will be opened for you. You will also receive a debit card that you can use to withdraw your money from any ATM or POS.
- You will start receiving N25,000 monthly from the federal government for three months. You can use the money for your personal or business needs.