How to Protect Your Bank Account Against Fraud By Securing Your Sim
IF YOU DO MOBILE BANKING from your phone, there is need to put a PIN on your SIM, otherwise your account can be wipe clean anytime you lose your phone or your phone is stolen. The process to do it is very simple but if ignored can cost your all Your life savings.
For those who don’t know about it yet, just follow this simple steps to protect hacking of Your bank account through SIM THEFT Or SIM swap/Fraud.
- Go to SETTINGS in Your phone.
- Go to SECURITY & LOCATION under SETTINGS
- Go to SIM CARD LOCK.
- Click on LOCK SIM CARD.
- Enter Your mobile network default SIM CARD PIN.
*For MTN users it is “00000”.
*For AIRTEL users it is “1111”.
*For 9mobile users it is “0000”
- For GLO users, it is “0000”
- 6. After entering the MOBILE NETWORK DEFAULT PIN, under it You will see ” CHANGE SIM PIN”, click on it to change to Your unique 4 digit pin,
- 7. Confirm Your unique 4 digit pin by entering it again & YOU ARE DONE
So anytime You “remove sim from Your phone” You will be prompted to enter Your SIM CARD PIN just as You will be prompted to enter Your phone lock PIN or Draw Your PATTERN each time You “START” (ON) Your phone.
With the ACTIVATION OF SIM LOCK on Your phone, Your money can never be withdrawn from Your bank account through your SIM because Your SIM will be useless in their hands since it is blocked and You will not be under tension to go and block or retrieve Your stolen SIM.