Prof. Kolapo Olusola Eleka, former deputy governor during Fayose led administration, and Governorship aspirants under Peoples Democratick Party, PDP, in Ekiti.
PDP Chieftain who pleaded not to revealed his name described Eleka as a diligent, hardworking and principled leader whose legacies and achievements in the areas of humanitarian services, empowerment and capacity building as citizen of Ekiti, and former Deputy Governor of Ekiti State has continued to attract many admirers and followers to him.
As an epitome of humility, he radiates love and affection towards people around him. More significantly, his unflinching loyalty to his boss, His Excellency, Dr Peter Ayodele Fayose, the Executive Governor of Ekiti State between 2014-2018 is notable and has made both the young and old people of Ekiti adjudge him as “Stabilizing Factor” and a special gift not only to his boss but to the entire people of Ekiti State.
Until his election as Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Prof Olusola was an accomplished teacher in the Department of Building, Obafemi Awolowo University for twenty-four (24) years. Under his supervision, Ekiti State represented Nigeria in an international debate competition in Singapore and was awarded the “Best First-Timer Performance” trophy; just as Ekiti State was equally rated the overall best in Young Nigerian Scientist Presidential Award (out of 774 participating students) in 2017.
In addition, Ekiti State emerged with Best Performance in Junior Engineers, Technologists and Scientists (JETS) in Interstate Quiz Competition in 2017; also, the state won the overall best student performance in 2016 (Science Teachers Association of Nigeria) STAN-organized Science written and quiz competition. Prof Olusola is an ordained Pastor in Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide.
He stands out in his mentorship roles as the Former National Coordinator of the Christ Apostolic Church Students’ Association (CACSA) Fellowships in Nigerian Higher Institutions.
He is currently a member of the Governing Council of Christ Apostolic Church Students’ Association being the apex body of the group.
His achievements are being attested to by many young people of the church especially on moral and spiritual development, leadership capacity-building, self-discovery and maximization of good talents; which he successfully achieved as the Osun State Coordinator,1998-2004 and later as the Head, Directorate of Higher Institution, NYSC and TEENS Affairs for 10 years, 2004- 2014.
As a mentor and teacher to students, he is renowned for his teachings on integrity, faithfulness, diligence and so many other aspects of leadership traits and of course the doctrines of faithfulness and loyalty as ways to be effective and productive as future leaders.
Name of Spouse: Deaconess Janet Olufunmi Olusola
Profession: Politician , Teacher, Builder
Notable Political Experience:
Deputy Governor, Ekiti State, 2014 – 2018;
PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Ekiti State, 2018;
–Lecturer, Obafemi Awolowo University, 1990-2014, becoming a Professor effective Oct 1, 2012.
– Chairman, Nigerian Institute of Building(N.I.OB.)Osun State, 2006-2009
– Registrar,Nigerian Institute of Building(N.I.OB.), National Level,2007-2009
– Research Secretary, National Council,Nigerian Institute of Building(N.I.OB.) 2009- 2011
– Examiner,Nigerian Institute of Building(N.I.OB.),1998-2002; 2006 – 2011).
– Chairman, Research and Development Committee, N.I.O.B, 2020 to date.
–St. Matthew’s Primary School, Ikere-Ekiti,1972-1978;
–Annunciation School, Ikere-Ekiti,1978-1983;
–Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife 1984-1989;
– University of Lagos,1991-1993;
–Obafemi Awolowo University, 2005
– Winner, Service Leadership Award by University of Pittsburg, USA;
– Winner, Best Builder in Administration, by Ekiti State Chapter of the Nigerian Institute of Building (Merit Award);
– Winner, Outstanding Commitment to Education Award;
– Special Recognition Award, by Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Nigeria;
– Award of Recognition by Joint National Built Environment Conference, Nigeria;
– Professional Award of Recognition by Stanford University, USA;
– Professional Award of Recognition by University of Pittsburgh, USA;
– Award of Excellence as Outstanding God’s Army General by Word of Redemption Evangelical Ministry, Nigeria;
– Award of Recognition for contribution and commitment to the growth of Education in Ekiti State by Shepherd International College, Nigeria;
– Special Achievement Award for Nation-Building and Grass-root Development by Oshoko Mass Movement, Nigeria;
– Outstanding Award of Recognition for Commitment to Education by Gemina Illuminous International, Nigeria;
– Award of appreciation by Christ Apostolic Church, Victorious Assembly, Ile-Ife;
– Ohaneze Award as Enyi Ndigbo in recognition of commitment and contribution towards the welfare and progress of NDIGBO in Ekiti Land;
– Winner, “OUTSTANDING Old Boy” Award of Excellence, by Old Boy’s Association of Annunciation School, Ikere – Ekiti;
– Winner, “Best Friend of Nigerian Students”, Students’ Union Government, Federal Polytechnic, Ado;
– Award of Honour by National Association of Ikere Students. E.t.c.
Here are some of his achievement, services to humanity:
1.Purchase of Jamb form for hundreds of ikere indigenes and creation of Coaching classes for all the beneficiaries;
- Repair of Ikoyi community electricity poles and cable wires worth #350,000 which was damaged by Dangote truck;
- Purchase of 500KVA transformer for Ikoyi community at the rate of 3 million naira with additional 1milion naira for installation;
- Payment of 10% of EKSCDA projects cost on behalf of Ikoyi community for the purchase of 300KVA transformer;Construction of drainage channels and drilling of boreholes;
- Sum of #200,000 to Ajolagun community for extension of electricity;
- Payment of 5,000 monthly for some women and men in Ikere;
- Payment of #30,000 and #15,000 monthly for some youths in Ikere for more than 3years;
- Full Scholarship to nine indigent ekiti students studying in higher institutions( Eksu, college of education, ikere and Adeyemi college of education)
- Payment of WAEC fees in 2016/2017 for sixty-three indigenous students in Ikere and other parts of the Ekiti;
- Purchase of NECO/SSCE external forms and subsequent tutorial training for 80 indigent students in Ikere;
- Provision of educational and welfare support to the less privileged.
- Distribution of palliative to PDP party members and other residents of Ikere during the COVID -19 pandemic.
- Professor Kolapo Olusola is no doubt a strong financial backup of PDP activities in Ekiti State, specifically in Ikere community till date. He had been able to do so much without any official ‘costituency’ allowance.