The Ekiti State Government on Sunday has announced the reopening of all public and private nursery, primary and secondary schools in the state, with effect from January 18.
The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Dr Olabimpe Aderiye, announced the reopening of the schools in a statement in Ado Ekiti.
“The Ekiti Education Ministry wishes to announce that, with the approval of Governor Kayode Fayemi, the second term school calendar that was earlier scheduled to January 4 has been shifted to January 18, 2021.
“Accordingly, both public and private schools in the state are hereby reminded that schools will resume on Jan 18, 2021 for normal academic activities.
“This is to remind all parents and private school proprietors that schools resume in Ekiti State for 2nd term on 18th January 2021 and it shall be enforced.
“Any contrary arrangement that students resume tomorrow 4th January 2021 wearing either mufti or uniform must be cancelled.
“The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology wishes you a peaceful, progressful and prosperous new year”.
Meanwhile, the Bamidele Olumilua University lkere-Ekiti has fixed January 18 for resumption.
In a measure to prevent community spread of the deadly corona virus, the University Management has directed all students of Bamidele Olumilua University of Education Science and Technology (BOUESTI) to vacate the school hostels while the institution will remain closed till January 18.
According to a statement released by the University Registrar, Mr. Gbenga Ojo, all members of the University community are expected to comply with the following directives:
1) Regular hand washing, usage of alcohol-based sanitizers, avoid overcrowding, observe social distance, wearing of nose mask, maintain good hygiene among other things;
2) Members of Staff on Contendiss 11/Conpcass 4 and below are to stay at home till January 18 be when further development will be communicated;
3) Officers of the University on Contendiss 13, Principal Officers,Vice Chancellor, Dean of Schools, Heads of academic and non academic departments/units as well as well officers on essential services should remain in their duty post;
4) Sandwich programmes are suspended during this period;
5) All students are to vacate the school hostels while the institution remain closed till January 18, 2021.