Local NewsNews

2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan told not to contest

Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State, has pleaded with former President Goodluck Jonathan to discountenance the plot to lure him into 2023 election.

Eze, a former National Publicity Secretary of the defunct New Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP), described the plot as satanic, accusing those he called political jobbers and desperados of conscripting the scheme to rubbish the hard earned integrity and reputation of the former President.

He said that Jonathan and political leaders in the Niger Delta must be wary of such conspiracy.

According to Eze, the plot to lure Jonathan into 2023 politics is capable of denying the South its rightful two terms.

The party chieftain noted that with Jonathan emerging President in 2023, the South will only be entitled to one term “and for power to be shifted to the North after his single term if he wins the 2023 election.”

Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC,

“To me, this group and her supporters should bury such thought as this plot is already dead on arrival.,” he said in a statement he signed on Friday

However, It was earlier reported that Jonathan had said that it was too early to talk about returning to office in 2023.

When asked by reporters last week if he would be joining the presidential race for 2023, Jonathan had said, “It is too early to talk about that.”

Admin

Contact/Whatsapp No: +2348137451665, Twitter: @globalgistng1, Facebook: globalgistng, Email: globalgistng@gmail.com
Back to top button