#ENDSARS: Protesters releases new fresh 26 demands
The ‘End SARS’ protesting youths has released a fresh list of ’26 demands’ President Buhari’s government must meet before they can call us the protests which is sweeping across Nigeria.
The protests which initially started as a campaign against police brutality has now metamorphosed into a conscious citizen movement against bad governance.
List of what Nigerian youths want the federal government to do before they can call off their protest;
- End SARS
- Sack security chiefs
- Improve security
- Full deregulation of the oil and gas sector to allow more investments for job creation
- Immediate passage of PIB
- Full deregulation of the power sector to allow investment capital flow to generate, transmit and distribute more power and create jobs
- Should hands-off petroleum pricing to enable free-market determination of pricing
- Close our northern borders to stop the free entry of Fulani herdsmen and bandits
- Inclusive government for all tribes and regions of Nigeria with 50 percent youths in charge of governance
- Allocate more funds to the education sector to provide better teaching tools and to pay better salaries to end ASUU strikes
- Change our academic curriculum to reflect modern-day realities
- All politicians should be placed on minimum wage to attract genuine public servants
- Migrate to 100 per cent electoral reforms with electronic voting tied to our BVN and GSM
- Return Nigeria to regional governance structure or restructure the country and embrace true federalism. States autonomy must be paramount.
- Disband the bi-cameral legislature and adopt uni-cameral
- Immediately reform Nigeria Police Force and let every state or region create its own police service.
- No more budget for running private affairs of elected and appointed public servants
- Enthrone university education as a minimum qualification for public office holders at all levels of government from the president to local government and ward chairpersons
- Strip ex-governors and all elected and appointed public servants of all benefits after office.
- Increase salaries of our doctors, nurses, teachers, police, military officers, and civil servants
- Government should hands-off ownership and management of businesses at all levels.
- Name and shame looters and make criminal offenders, and looters face trial in their home states and villages to shame them and their families.
- Stop foreign medical trips for public servants. Let them be treated here in Nigeria. When last did you hear an American President or a British Prime Minister visit Nigeria for medical tourism?
- Reduction of senators salaries should be maximum 1M/2M because it is foolishness to been paying senators over 20M/30M monthly when poverty rate is high in the country.
- Giving accountability of all funds and budget been spend annually through media presentation for the masses.
- Failure to fulfill the amendment of the list requires by the NY/YDP, the president and it entire subordinate should tender their resignation letter through the media TV News/radio nation wide.