The former CSKA player became a guest of the club’s Internet channel. The 33-year-old Swede plays for PAOK and is preparing to resume the Greek championship.
ABOUT GETTING OUT OF QUARANTINE
- We have already resumed training in small groups. The quarantine lasted eight weeks or so. I have a treadmill at home. Worked on it and with scales. Communicate with children. I watched movies and TV series. Of the latter – “Paper house” and “Ozark”.
ABOUT SIX YEARS IN CSKA (2012-2018)
“It was a great time. It was great to be in a club with such a family atmosphere. At all levels – from the bottom to the top. And we had a very strong team. Every year we fought for the championship (Wernbloom took gold with CSKA three times. – ed.).
ABOUT THE DEBUT GOAL FOR THE ARMY
- When you score against real Madrid, how can you forget that? It was a big night for me. I was nervous before the game. But in the end, both I and the whole team played to our maximum.
ABOUT THE LAST MATCH WITH REAL MADRID OF THE CURRENT CSKA
“I did, of course. I was a little surprised. The boys won 3-0 at the Santiago Bernabeu (in the 2018/19 Champions League-ed.)! They played fantastic.
ABOUT RASMUS ELMA
- Everyone knows that I was originally invited to convince me to go to CSKA Elma. But, you know, the status of “number two” did not bother me at all. Six months later, Rasmus became my teammates again-just like at Alkmaar. I still made it to the core.
ABOUT YOUR GROSSEST FOUL
“I don’t even know what it is. There were several dirty violations. For example, when I received a red card in the Russian Cup final. Very bad foul. I don’t know what came over me. Clouding of the mind.
ABOUT THE YAYA TOURE HOCKEY RECEPTION
“There was nothing left. Our attacking players lost the ball again, man city were running away on the counterattack. And Yaya is a huge guy. It’s not easy to stop it.
ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT GOAL FOR THE ARMY
- I will choose the ball in the goal of Rostov. I don’t remember the year, we made it to the Champions League. Scored in the last minutes. It was one of the last touches of the game. And as a reward – second place. We really didn’t want to go to the Europa League, CSKA hated this tournament.
ABOUT THE MOST EERIE FIELD
- Every time I had to fly to Perm, I wanted to earn a disqualification so as not to play with Amkar. The field there is just awful! In Samara, the old stadium also had a completely obscene lawn. Leonid Slutsky asked just to hit the ball far ahead, on someone’s head.
ABOUT THE MAIN PERSONAL SERVICE
- I have nothing against Alexander Gatskan, he is a great guy in life. But we had a real war on the field for many years. We hated each other. I remember our last meeting: he already knew that I was leaving CSKA. They both laughed. We respected each other, but we didn’t let them down.
ABOUT THE RUSSIAN LANGUAGE
- When I play, I still sometimes swear in Russian. I don’t know why. It happens by itself. But Russian is connected for a reason, and when really angry.