Today, you can easily recharge at any time of the day, in the comfort of your room. It doesn’t matter whether your meter unit got exhausted while watching your favourite TV show in the night or you do not even have a bank app on your device. If you have any smart device with network connection, you can easily recharge your electricity prepaid meter online with your browser anytime.
In this article, I am going to walk you through how you can recharge your prepaid meter step by step. First, you need to get the following requirements.
Basic requirements needed to buy power online:
- Internet-enabled smartphone or computer.
- ATM card details (e.g Master/Visa/Verve cards).
- Your prepaid meter number (usually written on the body of the meter).
- Phone number (Your token will be sent to this number).
- Email address (Optional)
Let me quickly introduce you to a site that allows you to recharge your prepaid meter online easily. This platform is called nepa.ng
What is nepa.ng all about?
It is an online platform that allows you to pay your electricity bills (PHCN) using your computer, smartphone or any internet-enabled device at any time of the day, without leaving your house.
How to recharge your electricity prepaid meter online via nepa.ng
- From your internet-enabled device, open your browser and enter www.nepa.ng.
- You will see a list of different electricity distribution companies in Nigeria such as Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC), Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED), Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO), Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) among others. From the list, select the one your electricity meter is registered with.
3. You will be taken to another page where you can select your meter type (i.e. Prepaid or postpaid), type in your meter number, select the worth of electric unit you want to buy in naira, input your email and phone number, and then click on “submit” (See the image attached below).
4. Confirm your order summary, then select your preferred mode of payment (i.e. Bank transfer or via credit card) and enter your card details appropriately.
5. After clicking on “Get Units” (See the image above), it takes you to the final page showing that your order has been confirmed. Your token is sent to your mobile number immediately.
Enter this token correctly on your prepaid meter, then you have an electric prepaid meter credited automatically.
The process is a seamless one that saves you time, energy and cost of transportation to the nearest bank or electricity distribution company.
I hope this helps.