Foreign NewsNews

Pompeo announces a review of the amount of WHO funding from the United States

Advertisement

US Secretary of state Mike Pompeo said at a briefing in Washington that the country will review the amount of funding for the world health organization (WHO), as it acts ineffectively and does not give proper results.

“Organizations must work, they must produce the results that are expected of them… In the case of the who, we do not see that it has achieved what it should have”, — quotes the head of the state Department “RIA Novosti”.


At the same time, according to Pompeo, we are not talking about replacing the head of the organization Tedros Gebreyesus, although this does not exclude that conclusions will be drawn in the future.


“This is not a time for such changes, but it is a time for openness… We will leave this question for another time and place — who, and how, and what was done,” the us foreign Minister added.

Earlier on Wednesday, US President Donald trump said that the world health organization (WHO) made poor decisions in connection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, and therefore he thought about stopping funding for the organization.

Advertisement
Advertisement
READ  Trump accuses Twitter of stifling free speech and interfering in the election

Admin

Contact/Whatsapp No: +2348137451665, Twitter: @globalgistng1, Facebook: globalgistng, Email: globalgistng@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge

Back to top button